List of all lessons. Contents. Index

Please use my new website 

All lessons from this blog and more are available there


Introductory lessons :
Welcome to world of Marathi
Kaushik Lele and Marathi learning blog on TV newschannel & in newspaper
Appreciation and feedback from renowned personalities

Marathi Script - Writing & Pronunciation :
Marathi Alphabets Devanagari Alphabets
Vowels, Consonants in Marathi and their pronunciation
Marathi Barakahadi : Symbols for vowels with consonants
Frequently faced pronunciation problems in Marathi (Devanagari)
Pronunciation of Anusvar अनुस्वार
Combining consonants in Marathi मराठी जोडाक्षरे
Combining consonants with र(r)-मराठी जोडाक्षरे Part 2
Combining consonants with ह(h)-मराठी जोडाक्षरे Part 3
Special or separate symbols for combined consonants मराठी जोडाक्षरे- part 3

Sentence formation rules in different tenses & pronouns forms :
Pronouns and Articles in Marathi
Using plurals to indicate respect आदरार्थी बहुवचन (AdarArthI bahuvachan )
Simple Present Tense in Marathi
Simple Present Tense of "To Be" in Marathi
Present Continuous Tense in Marathi
Simple Future Tense in Marathi
Future Continuous Tense in Marathi
Simple Past Tense in Marathi - Part 1 (Verbs without noun)
Simple Past Tense in Marathi - Part 2 (Verbs with object)
Simple Past Tense in Marathi - Part 3 (Past tense of "to be")
Exceptional Verbs in Marathi which change in past tense form
Past Continuous Tense in Marathi
Present/Past/Future Perfect Tense in Marathi
Learn Prepositions in Marathi
Preposition "TO" in Marathi
Sentences with person or living things as object
Saying My/His/Her in Marathi
Basic questions and "WH" questions in Marathi
Negative Sentences - Present tense in Marathi
Negative Sentences - Past tense in Marathi
Negative Sentence - Future Tense in Marathi
Working with nouns - Gender & Plurals in Marathi
Working with nouns - Prepositions in Marathi
Prepositions with similar pronunciation or similar meanings
Cases in Marathi. विभक्ति Vibhakti and विभक्तिप्रत्यय vibhaktiprtatyay in Marathi
Commands / Imperative statements in Marathi
Time related words
Verbs indicating cause of action. Causative verb
आ-ई-ए-ए-या-ई (A-I-e-e-yA-I) rule
Past/Present/Future Perfect Tense - Second Style
Past /Present/Future Perfect Continuous tense in Marathi
Difference between नाही(nAhI) and नको (nako)


Phrases & other sentence structures :
Sentence using “Going to” phrase
Sentence using "Used to" phrase
Sentence using "Used to" phrase - old style
Sentence using "If-Then"
Prepositions with Verbs
Adjectives in Marathi
Using verb "Can/To be able to"
Using verb To Want/To Need
Verb “To Become/To Happen”
Using “Should”
Using “Must”/“to be have to”
Using phrase “to keep doing”
Comparison and degrees of comparison
Using verb "To Know"
Using "Let" and "Shall we"
Which-That / What-That sentences
Giving instructions formally
Using “To Like”
Sentences using "would" in Marathi
"To Understand" & "To come to know"
Add a question tag
Using verb "To remember" in Marathi
Using "To Like" with other verbs
Verbs which use preposition "To" with subject and verb form as per object
Short forms in spoken Marathi
Greeting,Wishes,Blessings,Slogans in Marathi
Abuse Cursing Swear-words in Marathi
Compound verbs / Phrases in Marathi
Calling or Addressing someone in Marathi
Exclamations in Marathi
Requesting-someone-"May-I","Can-you" etc.
Showing uncertainty using May, Might
Adjectives made from verb
Adjectives created from prepositions
Using May to express wish


Vocabulary :
List of Body parts in Marathi
Frequently used words. Miscellenious
Numbers in Marathi - Part 1
Numbers in Marathi - Part 2
Fractional numbers, sequence, percentage in Marathi
Frequently used verbs in Marathi - Part 1
Frequently used verbs in Marathi - Part 2
Frequently used verbs in Marathi - Part 3
Frequently used verbs in Marathi - Part 4
लावणे(lAvaNe) - one verb, multiple meanings !!
लागणे(lAgaNe) - one verb, multiple meanings !!
List of Marathi Adjectives - Part 1
Adverbs in Marathi - Part 1
List of adverbs in Marathi
List of vegetable names in Marathi
List of names of fruits in Marathi
List of names of birds in Marathi
List of names of insects in Marathi
List of name of cololurs in Marathi
List of names of flowers in Marathi
List of names of animals in Marathi
Frequently used or common words in Marathi - Miscellaneous


Conversation practice :
Diwali Festival
Simple Sentences in Marathi - Introduction/Salutation
Simple Marathi Sentences - Time Related
Simple Marathi Sentences - Where/Place Related
Simple Marathi Sentences - In Hotel
Simple Marathi sentences - Weather related
Marathi conversation-with traffic police
Simple Marathi conversation - Rickshaw/Taxi driver
Simple Marathi Conversation - Software Engineers
Simple Marathi conversation - Grocery shop
Simple Marathi Conversation - Doctor-Patient
Simple Marathi Conversation - Teacher & Students
Simple Marathi Conversation - Informal phone conversation.
Simple Marathi conversation-Vegetable Market
Simple Marathi Conversation-at-bus stop and in bus
Asking address in Marathi
I Love you In Marathi. Proposing someone in Marathi
Simple Marathi Conversation - Interview in Marathi
Simple Marathi conversation - with housemaid
Simple Marathi conversation: Linking AADHAR card to mobile number
Simple Marathi conversation: Linking mobile number to AADHAR card
Simple Marathi conversation : Republic Day 26th January celebration in India
Simple Marathi Conversation : Enquiry about Temple Visit
Simple Marathi conversation : with friend's parents at lunch table
Simple Marathi conversation : A friend talking with other about his football match
Simple Marathi conversation : Friends plan to watch movie
Simple Marathi conversation : Friends talking about football world cup
Simple Marathi conversation - Tour guide in Singapore speaks with Marathi tourists
Simple Marathi Conversation - Marathi Language Proficiency Test (LPT) for banks
Simple Marathi Conversation - About hobby class

Frequently used sentences in Marathi - miscellaneous
Frequently used sentences in Marathi - miscellaneous part 2
Learn Marathi by Communicative Approach


Additional resources :
Using LearnMarathiWithKaushik.com to practice grammar rules
“Marathi Dictionary for Learners” website and Android app on Gogle Play.
Type Marathi in Roman Marathi transliteration
Practise Marathi online ! Let's talk on Skype or Hangout

Comments

  1. Can you tell me how to say "previous day" in marathi? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. आधीचा दिवस.
      May I know your name please ? Are you learning Marathi using this blog ?

      Delete
  2. Hi Kaushik!!! I am Niharika. I want to thank you for the reply. I appreciate your effort for helping people like us in learning Marathi.

    I am learning this language to communicate with my maid. She is a nice and jovial lady. I have started talking with her in Marathi but still have a long way to go. Sometimes she says something which goes over my head as i don't know what some of those words mean. But still I laugh and nod my head, she is such a sweet person. I hope you'll help me understanding her more....Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Yes I will surely like to help you.
      You can mail me your questions.
      I would like to know more of your feedback about my blog. Can you please mail me at learnmarathifast@gmail.com.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the blog - what's "tumcha may Kay ahe'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome !! Are you learning Marathi using my this blog ?

      Delete
  4. Hi kaushik lele , Thanks for what you do .How do you get funds to teach marathi etc or how do people send you funds if they want to donate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Fredrick.

      I do not get any funds. I do it solely by myself. I have kept this activity free of cost so that it can used by everyone across the world.
      I am not yet accepting any donations. Though one can help me in other way. Spreading word about these Marathi & Gujarati learning blog/YouTube channel will be great help. You can share information about it on social media. If you own any website then please give link there. And mouth publicity to people who want or like to learn languages :)

      I would like to know more of your feedback about my blog. Can you please mail me at learnmarathifast@gmail.com.

      Delete
  5. I like the way you divide the important topic and you also have provide a different link to that. it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for comment and appreciation I would like to know more about your Marathi learning and your feedback. Can you please mail me at learnmarathifast@gmail.com.

      - Kaushik

      Delete
  6. Hello,

    I have stumbled upon your site, when searching for ways to teach kids Marathi. Can you advice if this site and your youtube videos have a sequence that I can follow?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lessons are arranged as per required sequence. So you can learn lessons as mentioned in given list.

      May I know your name please ? I would like to know more about your Marathi learning and your feedback. Can you please mail me at learnmarathifast@gmail.com.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying. I am Prachi and I am a native Marathi speaker, from Mumbai. I am hoping to pass on the language to my kids, who are finding it hard to catch up, due to studying abroad. They are under 10yrs of age

      Delete
    3. Hi Prachi. Thanks for reply. I hope it helps you further. I will be waiting for your mail.

      Thanks,
      Kaushik

      Delete
  7. Hi Kaushik,
    The link "Click here to Learn Marathi from Hindi" does not work. please fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was working before :(
      I have now changed the links. Thanks for letting me know.

      Thanks,
      Kaushik

      Delete
  8. I started learning marathi day before yesterday. Your website helped me a lot to get to the basic rules.
    Marathi is a highly case inflicted language, try to cover one chapter on case infliction to the object in a sentence. that would help many learners to pick up the language quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Happy to have helped you.

      "case infliction" is a big concept. So not one; there are many lessons around this concept. Each concept is discussed thoroughly in different chapters. As you will keep reading further you will get to know.

      If you are looking for something specific and do not find it in any lesson; do let me know. I will be happy to add new lesson.

      May I know your name please ? I would like to know more about your Marathi learning and your feedback. Can you please mail me at learnmarathifast@gmail.com

      Thanks,
      Kaushik

      Delete
  9. Hello sir i am Shubhank I am not able to differentiate between I and l.....??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shubhank,
      I could not understand your question.

      - Kaushik

      Delete
    2. http://kaushiklele-learnmarathi.blogspot.com/2012/05/vowels-consonants-in-marathi-and-their.html?m=1

      Refer this lesson which explains pronunciation of both letters.

      Delete
  10. can i have your contact no please siddhartharoy05@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. can i have your contact no please siddhartharoy05@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are welcome. Are you learning marathi using my blog /videos

    -Kaushik

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally my search has ended at ur blog....thanks...will get in touch shud I need any assistance.
    Devaprasad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Devaprasad,
      Welcome to world of Marathi and my tutorials. I am sure it will help you in learning Marathi.

      I would like to know more about your Marathi learning. Also we can interact in detail over mail. Can you please mail me at LearnMarathiFast@gmail.com

      Thanks,
      Kaushik

      Delete
  14. can you translate the marathi poem"aapan dharni ga"in english please fast,tommorrow is my marathi examination.you can get the poem on the internet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A translation of poem won't help, you need to understand the concepts, imagea used. Please take help of teacher who can help you in person.

      Delete
  15. Very useful and best in class. Thank You sir :)
    I have just started learning from your blog and Youtube videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear that. May I know your name please ?

      I would like to know more about your Marathi learning. Also we can interact in detail over mail. Can you please mail me at LearnMarathiFast@gmail.com

      Thanks,
      Kaushik

      Delete
  16. Hi Dada,

    From last few weeks, I was exploring various options to learn Marathi. Finally I found it here 3 days back. Really great learning content. Thank you so much. This is really very helpful.

    Thanks,
    Bhavna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bhavna,
      Thanks a lot for comment and appreciation I would like to know more about your Marathi learning and your feedback. We can interact and abswea your questions on email. Can you please mail me at learnmarathifast@gmail.com.

      - Kaushik

      Delete
  17. If in one word I need to describe this blog it would be "exceptional".Clear and very lucidly explained content.Hats off to you sir for providing this for free.Really Helpful and keep Posting

    Thank You
    Lokesh Madan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lokesh, Thanks a lot for appreciation. I am happy to have helped you.

      I would like to interact more on your Marathi learning. It will be easier over mail. Can you please mail me at learnmarathifast@gmail.com.

      - Kaushik

      Delete
  18. Hi Kaushik,

    This is a great blog for learning Marathi. My parents are both native Marathi speakers, but I never learnt. Now in my 30's, finally reconnecting a bit my with linguistic heritage. : ) Thank you for providing these resources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roger, Its great to hear that. I will be happy to help you further.

      I would like to interact more on your Marathi learning. It will be easier over mail. Can you please mail me at learnmarathifast@gmail.com.

      - Kaushik

      Delete
  19. hi my name is suhrid, it a wonderful blog and your effort is commendable...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suhrid, Its great to hear that. Thanks a lot for appreciation

      I would like to interact more on your Marathi learning. It will be easier over mail. Can you please mail me at learnmarathifast@gmail.com.

      - Kaushik

      Delete

Post a Comment