Using "To Want" with other person

Please use my new website 
All lessons from this blog and more are available there

In previous lessons we have seen how to use verb "to want" in Marathi.

https://kaushiklele-learnmarathi.blogspot.com/2012/05/using-ver-to-wantto-need.html
https://kaushiklele-learnmarathi.blogspot.com/2012/07/using-to-want-with-other-verbs.html

Now lets learn Marathi sentence structure to use want to with other person 

We say sentences like "I want him to finish this work by this weekend", "She wants me to avoid junk food" etc.

Such sentences are created as if using should in Marathi. "Should" is explained here.


So it is like saying I want XYZ, She wants PQR where XYZ and PQR are the sentences with "should". Does it sound like algebra ? Don't worry example will make it clear.

Lets take example
"I want him to finish this work by this weekend"
As we have seen in Marathi preposition TO is used with subject.
So sentence will be 
To me, "he should finish work by this weekend".

Don't worry; examples will make it clear to you. 

I want you to finish work -> 
To me, you should finish work -> 
मला, तू काम संपवायला पाहिजेस (malA, tU kAm saMpavAyalA pAhijes)

She wants me to avoid junk food-> 
To her, I should avoid junk food ->
तिला, मी जंकफूड टाळायला पाहिजे (tilA, mI jaMkaphUD TALAyalA pAhije)

Kaushik wants students to practice more -> 
To Kaushik, students should practice more ->
कौशिकला विद्यार्थ्यांनी जास्त सराव करायला पाहिजे 
(kaushikalA vidyArthyAMnI jAst sarAv karAyalA pAhije)


Kaushik wanted students to practice more -> 
To Kaushik, students should have practiced more ->
कौशिकला विद्यार्थ्यांनी जास्त सराव करायला पाहिजे होता
(kaushikalA vidyArthyAMnI jAst sarAv karAyalA pAhije hotA)


Students want Kaushik to talk slowly ->
To students, Kaushik should talk slowly
विद्यार्थ्यांना कौशिकने हळू बोलायला पाहिजे
(vidyArthyAMnA kaushikane haLU bolAyalA pAhije)


Listen this lesson online at
https://youtu.be/zN_SHF5EuW4



Comments